Therapeutic Touch Trademark
The Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario (TTNO) owns Canadian trademark registration no. TMA580,182 for THERAPEUTIC TOUCH when used with healing practices performed by practitioners trained to be sensitive to the receiver's energy fields. As the owner of Canadian trademark registration no. TMA580,182, the TTNO has the exclusive right under section 19 of the Trade-marks Act to use, and license others to use, THERAPEUTIC TOUCH in Canada with these services.
Structured and standardized healing practice performed by practitioners trained to be sensitive to the receiver's energy field that surrounds the body; there are three progressive levels of advancing depth, training and experience; the practice is conducted in a standard sequence of steps by passing the hands over and around the receiver's body, and by means of compassion and intent attempting to balance and smooth the receiver's energy field; no touching is required.
POLICY FOR TRADEMARK USAGE
The Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario (TTNO) authorizes members of the TTNO and associated Canadian networks to use the trademark Therapeutic Touch™ in their practice when they are a member in good standing in the province/territory in which they reside.
- They have paid their annual membership dues.
- They have signed the Code of Ethics (or equivalent) required by the provincial/territorial Therapeutic Touch network in which they reside.
- They have taken a minimum Level 1 training in Therapeutic Touch.
- There is a difference between calling oneself a Therapeutic Touch practitioner and offering to give a Therapeutic Touch session as a person of compassion who has taken Level 1. The Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario recognizes volunteers as persons of compassion.
GUIDELINES FOR THE USE OF THE TRADEMARK SYMBOL IN WRITTEN MATERIAL
Please use the following guidelines for when and how to use the trademark symbol for written material in Canada.
- The symbol ™ is used in all written material the first time the term Therapeutic Touch appears, i.e., Therapeutic Touch™. The trademark symbol need only be used once in any type of written material: network policies, letters or teacher handouts.
- The names of the provincial Therapeutic Touch networks are written without the ™ symbol, e.g., Therapeutic Touch Networks of Canada.
- In displays for Therapeutic Touch the trademark symbol appears once on each board of the presentation.At the bottom of the last page of the written material, place the following words: Therapeutic Touch is a registered trademark in Canada.
- Make members of the media aware that Therapeutic Touch is a registered trademark in Canada so that the the words Therapeutic Touch are capitalized in their articles.
NOTE: An easy way to insert the ™ symbol is to hit Ctrl+Alt+T where you want the symbol to appear.