The Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario Scholarship Fund Policy
The Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario (TTNO) adheres to the principles of energy exchange between individuals and our environment. We believe that our compassion and focus can make a difference. To this end, the Board of Directors has allocated the proceeds of certain fund raising activities to establish and maintain a Scholarship Fund. This fund is available to individuals who would not be able to continue their membership or participate in the events sponsored by The Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario without financial assistance.
The Scholarship Fund will be maintained by the Board of Directors through fund raising activities. The Treasurer will invest any excess portion of the Fund with a financial institution sanctioned by the Board of Directors. Interest earned on this investment will be added to the Scholarship Fund. Should the designated fund raising activities not be sufficient to maintain the Fund, the Board of Directors will allocate additional funds.
Scholarships will be awarded to TTNO members who exhibit their commitment as a member of TTNO and who practice Therapeutic Touch™ on an ongoing basis. The application form will outline a number of ways that assist in determining that commitment.
- To support and maintain a strong scholarship fund to encourage the growth and continuity of a committed membership.
- To financially assist individual TTNO members to enable their participation in TTNO sponsored events.
- To financially assist individual members in maintaining their membership in the TTNO.
- To support and encourage the growth of the TTNO membership.
The applicant will:
- Have been a member in good standing of The Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario (TTNO) for a minimum of two years immediately preceding the application.
- Provide a reference from a TTNO member in good standing, who endorses the application.
- Submit the application at least four weeks prior to the event.
- Be restricted to one application annually.
As soon as an application is received the applicant will be notified and given an indication as to when they can expect the Scholarship Committee decision.
- Each application will be reviewed by a Scholarship Committee appointed annually by the Board.
- Immediately upon reaching their decision as to whether the request has been approved, the Committee will inform the applicant of their decision. The Scholarship Committee will submit an annual report at the Board meeting immediately preceding the Vision and Reality Conference.
Evaluation of the Program:
Prior to making their report to the Board, the appointed Scholarship Committee, along with the Treasurer and Membership Chair, will conduct an annual review of the Scholarship Program making recommendations for the next year.
Focus areas may include:
- Is the Scholarship Program effectively serving the Membership?
- Number of scholarships allocated since presentation of their last report.
- A review of reactions of the membership to the Scholarship indicated in phone calls, letters, faxes, emails.
- The perceived benefits to the TTNO.
- A review of the retained membership factor.
- An assessment of committed response by those receiving scholarships.
Download a copy of our Scholarship Policy and our Scholarship Application form.