About Therapeutic Touch Practice Groups
A Therapeutic Touch® Practice Group is a place to increase your Therapeutic Touch skills in a supportive environment. To find a Practice Group in your area go to the Find Practice Groups section of this website.
Most practitioners of Therapeutic Touch agree that being a member of a Practice Group has both increased and helped maintain their Therapeutic Touch skills. Meetings are usually held at a regular time once or twice a month for two or three hours, in the afternoon or evening. There is almost always the opportunity to give and receive a Therapeutic Touch treatment. Some groups offer refreshments. There can be a donation required to cover room rent costs or for Therapeutic Touch material.
What Happens in a Therapeutic Touch Practice Group?
- An introduction of each member giving participants an opportunity to present ideas, information and issues related to Therapeutic Touch
- A centering exercise or meditation
- The exchange of Therapeutic Touch sessions providing an opportunity for practise
- A discussion of the sesssions providing an opportunity for learning
This format can be altered to fit the needs of individual groups and may include guest speakers, discussion of an article or a review of a basic principle of Therapeutic Touch.
Benefits of a Practice Group
- Problem solving
- Discussion of Therapeutic Touch issues
- Sharing of information
- Exchange of treatments
- Meeting with like-minded people
- Practising your skills