Eastern Ontario Therapeutic Touch® Retreat
will be held at the Galilee Centre, Arnprior
May 24-26, 2018
Special Guest, Arlene Cugelman, RT
"Rejuvenate and Refill While Deepening Your Therapeutic Touch® Skills"
In this Advanced Level 3 workshop the focus will be to widen and deepen understanding of the concepts learned in previous Level 3 classes. This will evolve through discussion of levels of consciousness, connecting with Issie, increasing chakra awareness in your TT process, self-care, transformation, and Dora’s teachings on the order in nature. Through experiential exercises and reflection from both sides of your TT experience, connection is discussed and deepened. These topics are informed and enriched by my attendance at the Montana dialogues, years of hospice volunteering, and of course the Peru adventure - an outward expression of an inner journey. Join us for an “enriching” weekend.
Arlene Cugelman, RN [Ret.] trained in Australia as a midwife and massage therapist. Introduced to the gentle yet powerful modality Therapeutic Touch in 1991, she continued beyond the three levels qualifying in 1995/96 as a Recognized Practitioner and Teacher with the Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario [TTNO]. She participated annually in the Intermediate then Advanced Invitational Therapeutic Touch retreats at Pumpkin Hollow with Dolores Krieger and the late Dora Kunz. Simultaneously she made yearly trips to India studying meditation and Eastern thought. As a speaker she has participated and presented at the TTNO annual events over many years. In 2004 she led the Halifax annual TT retreat. She has presented the use of Therapeutic Touch in hospice care on radio, the telemedicine network, and at conferences from 2014-2016.
Following retirement from an active team leading role in nursing she joined the Complementary Therapies Team at hospice Simcoe in 2013 where she volunteers, providing Therapeutic Touch sessions to residents, family, and staff on a weekly basis. Arlene has begun teaching Therapeutic Touch at hospice. She attended the Montana dialogues in 2017 and 2018. Arlene is an active member of the TTNO, TTNC, and the TTIA.
Pre-requisite: Level 3
This workshop is approved by the TTNO for achieving and maintaining RP status.
Patricia and Gail, both Recognized Teachers with the TTNO, have been practising Therapeutic Touch for 26 and 27 years respectively. They are actively involved with Therapeutic Touch in a variety of capacities that include arranging special events, leading Branch meetings, offering Professional Development Days, and seeing clients. Gail and Pat have developed three Continuing Education workshops, the latest one titled, "The Journey Within ... Connecting with Your Inner self with Therapeutic Touch." Gail is currently the Submissions Coordinator for the TTNO Teacher Liaison Committee and Patricia is the Workbook Coordinator and also on the Professional Development Day committee.
Join Us For Relaxation & Learning
Situated next to an old growth forest overlooking the Ottawa River, the Galilee Centre is a welcoming holistic spiritual life centre that is an oasis of peace, care and comfort. Their mission is to provide an environment, programs and services which nurture people’s personal and spiritual growth, enabling them to contribute to a healthier world. Learn more about the centre at their website.
Some Views From Former Retreats.
Some Comments from the 2017 Retreat
- What I liked best about this weekend is the immense amount of love and acceptance I received.
- So many dots connected for me.
- Every facet of this retreat has been inspiring, educational and memorable. There has been plenty of time to interact with others and with nature.
- This (weekend) was inspiring, nurturing, absolutely amazing.
- The opportunity for unstructured interactions was great.
- Another excellent weekend thank you for all you do to provide us with a “getaway, education, networking and reconnecting with friends, making new friends, and receiving and giving TT.
- First time retreat, I think I am a lifer now…rest of life.
- I am always amazed by what I learn and the people I meet.his is simply the best in everyway, education, organization, people, location…
Comments on Arlene’s 2017 Presentation
- Arlene is magical, soft spoken, funny and genuine.
- She was wonderful and has the best voice for meditation.
- Loved the stories from Arlene – life experience is rich.
- I liked Arlene’s pace and style.
- Appreciate Arlene’s extensive knowledge about meditation and TT, as well as her calm and gentle presentation style.
- Combination of enthusiasm, knowledge, reaches you at your level.
- Arlene’s substance, depth, beauty and teachings are like water to a desert.
- Very knowledgeable, yet so warm, gentle and humble.
- Arlene is experienced and current and weaves it all together beautifully and with humour.
For information about next year's retreat and to register please contact:
Click here for the registration form for the 2019 retreat.