Learn More About Therapeutic Touch® Courses/Workshops
If you are interested in learning about Therapeutic Touch, it is recommended that you sign up for the Foundations of Therapeutic Touch® course.
To find a teacher near you click here. To see a calendar of upcoming workshops, click here. You can then find workshops by individual teachers or by location by clicking on the search icon at the top of the Events Calendar.
After completing the core TT training, practitioners may further their learning with Continuing Education workshops. They may also decide to work toward becoming Recognized Practitioners. For more information on becoming a Recognized Practitioner download the Achieve Recognized Practitioner status document here.
Core Therapeutic Touch Training
Foundations of Therapeutic Touch
(Replaces Level 1 and part of Level 2 with enhanced information)
Introduces the student to Therapeutic Touch (TT) including the history of TT, theoretical foundations and assumptions, attributes of a TT practitioner, the importance of sustained centering, the five phases of a TT session, ethical considerations, and applications of TT.
- Provides students with the opportunity to practice Therapeutic Touch with supervision and feedback.
- Provides the students with the opportunity to learn how to use TT to facilitate healing for themselves and others.
- Ensures the students will become actively engaged in practicing, experiencing, applying, and reflecting on the principles and phases of the Therapeutic Touch process
Transpersonal Nature of Therapeutic Touch
(Replaces Level 3 and part of Level 2 with enhanced information)
Builds on the knowledge, skills, and insights acquired through the Foundations of Therapeutic Touch® and insights gained from regular practice, broadening the learner’s understanding of the essential elements of TT.
- Develop contemplative practices and guided reflective dialogue regarding energetic, emotional, and mental aspects of Therapeutic Touch practice as well as enhance the learner’s self-knowledge and self-inquiry.
- Exploration of approaches to assist individuals who are experiencing a variety of health challenges.
- Deepen the learner’s knowledge and awareness of the Inner Self
- Assist the learner in applying their knowledge and understanding of the Transpersonal Nature of Therapeutic Touch® to the development of a TT practice
Application of the Inner Processes in Therapeutic Touch
- Builds on the knowledge and skills acquired in the Foundations of TT and Transpersonal Nature of TT
- Builds on the experiences and insights gained from regular TT practice.
- Further explores how contemplative practice facilitates the practitioner’s self-inquiry and self-awareness, enabling guidance by one’s inner wisdom.
- Increases the learner’s awareness of the shifts in their consciousness during the TT process and how these shifts are responsive to the healing partner’s (Hp’s) energy field
- Encourages exploration, through the dialogue process, of the meanings of the TT experience for both the Hp and the TT practitioner.
Thinking of Becoming a Recognized Practitioner
- Becoming a Recognized Practitioner offers the opportunity to delve deeper into the processes and experiences of Therapeutic Touch, to improve your skills while learning more about your own personal journey.
- RP status requires further study, after the core training, and practice according to the standards developed by the TTNO. Those students who meet the established criteria are granted the status of Recognized Practitioner.
- For those who would like to become a Recognized Practitioner, part of this process/journey is to complete the Practitioner Workbook which contains 75 case studies, 10 received sessions and 10 journal entries. Upon the completion of the Transpersonal Nature of Therapeutic Touch® you may purchase and begin your workbook. To achieve RP status, you will be required to complete Application of the Inner Processes in Therapeutic Touch® (part of the core training) and 16 additional continuing education hours.
For more information on becoming a Recognized Practitioner download the Achieve Recognized Practitioner status document here.