Eastern Ontario Therapeutic Touch® Retreat
will be held at the Galilee Centre, Arnprior
Friday May27th to Sunday May 29th
Special Guest, Diane May, RN,RT
"Cracking the Code of Healing"
The word “Code” in computer science, often brings to mind something secret, mysterious, available only to a chosen few, hard to understand, having its own language and instructions, but no dictionary or translator. “Healing” can seem just as inscrutable. In healing, rather than the instructions being laid out before you, there is dynamism in creating the code (instructions) as a session progresses. This primarily experiential session is designed to help you identify your own Code of Healing, explore your own obstacles/resistances and create a way through them. We will review the Theory of Healing and Shifts in Consciousness, then broaden perspectives by creating more familiarity with this information and move forward, incorporating the Inner Self in this process. We’ll take a mental step back to look at the bigger picture and spend time being with those thoughts. You’ll make these concepts your own and describe concepts in your own words while understanding their relation to the recently developed language, moving your practice to another level.
Diane has practiced and taught Therapeutic Touch for the last 30 years in Canada and internationally. She is a past-chair of the Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario and past-coordinator of the Therapeutic Touch International Association in the USA.
If you have never taken a workshop from Diane, now is the time it. If you have, you know that she is a dynamic public speaker, who always has much to share. Diane has appeared on national television in Canada and the USA and has written many articles on complementary therapies. Diane is the author of the popular Therapeutic Touch Handbook series: Level I -Basic and Levels Two and Three - Intermediate, Advanced Practice and the accompaniment CDs Selected Meditations and Exercises for the first two and the third book [Scribe Press, Redlands, CA]. Diane has also written the teaching handbook, Outside the Box, Inside the Circle.
Pre-requisite: Level 3
This workshop is approved by the TTNO for achieving and maintaining RP status.
Patricia, a Recognized Teacher with the TTNO, has been practicing Therapeutic Touch for more than 25 years. She is actively involved with Therapeutic Touch in a variety of capacities that include arranging special events, leading Branch meetings, offering Professional Development Days, and seeing clients. Pat, along with Gail Lafortune, has developed three Continuing Education workshops, the latest one titled, "The Journey Within ... Connecting with Your Inner self with Therapeutic Touch." Patricia is the Workbook Coordinator and also on the Professional Development Day committee.
Join Us For Relaxation & Learning
Situated next to an old growth forest overlooking the Ottawa River, the Galilee Centre is a welcoming holistic spiritual life centre that is an oasis of peace, care and comfort. Their mission is to provide an environment, programs and services which nurture people’s personal and spiritual growth, enabling them to contribute to a healthier world. Learn more about the centre at their website.
Some Views From the 2020 Retreat.
Some Comments from the 2020 Retreat
- What I liked best about this weekend is the immense amount of love and acceptance I received.
- So many dots connected for me.
- Every facet of this retreat has been inspiring, educational and memorable. There has been plenty of time to interact with others and with nature.
- This (weekend) was inspiring, nurturing, absolutely amazing.
- The opportunity for unstructured interactions was great.
- Another excellent weekend thank you for all you do to provide us with a “getaway, education, networking and reconnecting with friends, making new friends, and receiving and giving TT.
- First time retreat, I think I am a lifer now…rest of life.
- I am always amazed by what I learn and the people I meet.his is simply the best in everyway, education, organization, people, location…
Comments on Arlene’s 2020 Presentation
- Arlene is magical, soft spoken, funny and genuine.
- She was wonderful and has the best voice for meditation.
- Loved the stories from Arlene – life experience is rich.
- I liked Arlene’s pace and style.
- Appreciate Arlene’s extensive knowledge about meditation and TT, as well as her calm and gentle presentation style.
- Combination of enthusiasm, knowledge, reaches you at your level.
- Arlene’s substance, depth, beauty and teachings are like water to a desert.
- Very knowledgeable, yet so warm, gentle and humble.
- Arlene is experienced and current and weaves it all together beautifully and with humour.
For information about this year's retreat and to register please contact:
Click here for the 2022 registration form.